Slovene architecture

Landscaping around the church in Mirna Peč

Jože Slak / 2017
LOCATION: Rožna ulica 10, 8216 Mirna Peč

After the transept that was designed by architect Vantaš was added to the original Gothic church, a new road was built to connect the church with Globodol.

The comprehensive space design includes the multi-purpose platform around the church, an articulated contact with the old parish, a fountain at the site where the original well once existed, the presentation of the alleged Romanic foundations of the former church (under a glass cover), the placement of the statue of Mary with a base, and especially a stately contact of the church entrance and the open street area.

The design emphasises the original location of the walls around the camp with a tower used for defense against the Turks.

Object information

Construction year
2017
Object size
1345 m2
Area size
2595 m2
Investment
1.000.000 €
Investor
Župnija Mirna Peč

Technical team

Architects
Jože Slak

Manufacturers and Suppliers

Flooring
Coston d.o.o.