Slovene architecture

Protocol estate Villa Podrožnik

Vinko Glanz / 1947

Villa Podrožnik, known also as Kollmann’s castle, is a government property used for state protocol events. The plot comprises a park, a swimming pool and a tennis court. The villa and its servants annex were built by Franc Kollmann, a Ljubljana porcelain merchant, who left the property to charity, entrusting one half of the villa to the blind and the other half to impoverished merchants. After World War II, it was nationalized and brought to its present condition. The guided tour will be conducted by Boža Robnik. Due to the nature of the site we reserve the right to cancel the tour if a state event should take place at the same time. The cancellation will be published on this website at least one day prior to the event.

Object information

Construction year
1947

Technical team

Manufacturers and Suppliers