Kolezija swimming pool renovation
Kolezija is the oldest swimming pool in Ljubljana, dating back to the year 1879 when the original pool was made of wood. It used to be primarily a place of social gatherings and began to be used for recreational swimming between the two world wars. After World War II a 50-metre pool was built. The complex was later abandoned and finally bought by the municipality of Ljubljana which issued a tender to renovate it. The new entrance building forms a square together with the adjacent Institute of Chemistry. The modern architectural style resembles some elements of the former swimming pool, with a horizontal plate over a well-lit ground floor which features vertical slats, also used in the fencing around the complex.