Slovene architecture

Presidential palace

Rudolf Bauer / 1898

The three-storey Government and Presidential Palace building was built in the Neo-Renaissance style and has an atrial ground plan. There are two courtyards and the great hall, called the Crystal Hall, which is now used for receptions, but was originally a chapel. The front façade, turned towards Prešeren Street, has three entrances. On the sides of the main entrance, which is in the middle, stand the allegorical statues of power and law, created by the Viennese architect Josef Beyer.

 

Object information

Construction year
1898

Technical team

Manufacturers and Suppliers