Slovene architecture

Plecnik's Collection, Museum and Galleries of Ljubljana

Jože Plečnik / 1925

The Plečnik collection is a monument of national significance consisting of a complex of Plečnik’s houses at 4–6 Karunova Street with the preserved original inventories and an adjacent garden with a lapidarium. The architect Jože Plečnik moved to a single-storey house at 4 Karunova Street in Ljubljana’s Trnovo district in 1921. Between 1923 and 1925 the house was expanded westward by a cylindrical annex. After having bought the neighbouring house in 1929, Plečnik arranged a winter garden to the south. It is here that the master lived his isolated and unconventional life in privacy until his old age.


Guided tour with mandatory booking at info@mgml.si or (01)24 12 506.

 

Object information

Construction year
1925

Technical team

Manufacturers and Suppliers