Jože Plečnik High School – multi-purpose space and staircase
The school with over a century-long history was built by architect Jože Plečnik between 1939 and 1947, commissioned by the convent of the Ursulines. The main facade facing Šubičeva street features graphic textures, while the classrooms face the former convent garden. In 1966, architect Edvard Ravnikar designed an annex to the school, which was named after Jože Plečnik in 1997.
The latest renovation included the underground level with a multi-purpose space and a new canteen with a new staircase. An elevator was planned to allow handicapped access. The clean design and care for details complement the original space. The basis of the renovation was an interaction of the existing features of the building and the new elements.
The tour will include the entire school.