St. Francis' church in Capodistria
Minorite church of St. Francis of Assisi is a typical Gothic church of a mendicant order. The single-nave church was built in 1268, originally with a three-part chevet. In mid-18th century it was restyled in Baroque manner and was active as a church until 1809. The renovation comprised the floor and minor interventions, such as a display of the original pavement, a niche to display a Renaissance fresco and a new facade element between the church and the adjacent monastery.