Open call for Volunteer Exchange is now open for applications!
Open House Europe is a collaborative project between 11 European cultural organisations, with a shared vision of promoting architecture as a positive force for change. As a part of the project, we hope to promote a more inclusive discussion about architecture and emphasise its role in addressing important social and environmental issues.
As project partners from Athens, Bilbao, Brno, Dublin, Essen, Lisbon, Milan, multiple cities in Slovenia, Stockholm, Tallinn, Thessaloniki, and Vilnius, we invite you to participate in International Volunteer Exchange programme!
As a volunteer, you will have an amazing opportunity to participate in an Open House festival in another European city. By joining the Open House Europe Volunteer Exchange programme, you will be able to expand your knowledge and experience of volunteering, while also making new connections with like-minded architecture and culture lovers! You will also develop a greater understanding of how architecture can have a positive impact on tackling social and environmental issues. And most importantly, you will have a chance to immerse yourself in the local culture, explore it and shortly… have much fun with the local Open House community.
Every year you will have an opportunity to choose from a few European cities. Each year they will be different. In 2023, you can choose to go to the following cities:
– Stockholm (30 Sept. – 1 Oct.)
– Tallinn (7-8 Oct.)
– Thessaloniki (25-26 Nov.)
Festival Odprte hiše Slovenije 2023, foto: Mateja Jordovič Potočnik
As a volunteer, you will have to: –
- Assist during the guided tours;
- Contribute to the publicity of the public event by posting on social media platforms, taking photos during the festival, etc.;
- If you are brave enough, you could test your public speaking skills and participate as a guide. Before the event, you will have to learn about the building, its architecture and be prepared to present it during the excursion (it will be in English, but if you are fluent in other languages, please, share it with us);
- Be the best ambassador of the Open House festival.
Every Open House festival is a little bit different from your local festival. In some cities, volunteers will be guides, in others – be photographers or be a part of a festival’s organising team. Our advice: be helpful, respectful, supportive and try to get the most out of the international volunteering experience!
You can participate in the Volunteer Exchange programme if:
- You are more than 18 years old;
- You are fluent in English;
- You have more than one year of experience of volunteering in your local Open House events;
- You are available on the specific dates of the selected Open House event.
Izmenjava v Vilni, foto: Maša Rebernik
All selected participants in the Volunteer Exchange programme will have to sign the programme agreement. After volunteering, each participant will have to fill out the survey about their experience to help us improve.
All the expenses for travelling to a preferred city and accommodation will be organised and covered by Open House Europe project partners.
Join us in the exciting Volunteer Exchange programme and let’s explore European architecture together!
Open House Europe is co-funded by the European Union.
We are accepting applications until June 30, 2023. We are available for all questions at email@example.com.