Slovene architecture

The renovation of Urbanc Palace

Api arhitekti / 2010
LOCATION: Prešernov trg 5a, 1000 Ljubljana

The Urbanc Palace is the first secession example of a department store in Ljubljana. It was built in 1903 and is today protected as immovable cultural heritage. Throughout its history, the structure was rebuilt several times and, as a result, architecturally and visually degraded. The renovation strived to keep the ground plan as open as possible and to allow the placement of various sales programmes, as well as to allow the maximum amount of natural light.

Object information

Construction year
2010

Technical team

Architects
Api arhitekti, Uroš Birsa
Photographers
Miran Kambič
Mechanical engineers
Biro Petkovski d.o.o.
Construction engineers
Konstat biro d.o.o.

Manufacturers and Suppliers